Summer is nearly over and fall is just around the corner, which means football, playoff baseball? (GO ROYALS!!), and a brand new ASHRAE year. I hope your summer was filled with family, friends and fun, as mine was. We are well on our way to a successful 2014-2015, but before we kick off the year, I would like to reflect on last year:
- Thank you to all individuals and companies that contributed to Research Promotion. As a Society, ASHRAE had a great year for contributions which will lead to additional research and development in our industry and ultimately will impact our daily lives.
- Thank you to the Young Engineers in ASHRAE (YEA) Committee. YEA coordinated several successful social activities as well as technical training for our young members. The P.E. Exam Preparation was hugely successful and has been recognized by Society as first in class.
- Thank you to the Programs Committee. We had unique programs that provided outstanding education, Professional Development Hours and USGBC Credits as well as social networking opportunities.
- Thank you to the Members. Meeting attendance, financial support and participation at social activities makes for a thriving Chapter. Newcomers are intrigued to join our Chapter and become interested in our Industry. Each ASHRAE Chapter is only as strong as its local members and Kansas City is one of the strongest in Society!
And for the coming year, we will focus on promoting our industry through:
- Continuing YEA, College Student Chapters and K-12 STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) activities. As our workforce ages, we must actively recruit talented individuals into the HVAC&R industry.
- Provide education through quality programs.
- Encourage advancement of the HVAC&R industry through support of Research Promotion.
I look forward to seeing everyone this year and thanks again for supporting ASHRAE!
Jason R. Funk
ASHRAE Kansas City Chapter